Shrimp with Lobster Sauce
1/2 lb. cooked lobster
1 tbsp minced water chestnut
1 tbsp minced bamboo shoot
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup hot oil
1 cup chicken stock
1-1/2 lb. shrimps, shelled and deveined
1 egg slightly beaten
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup water
2 tbsp finely chopped scallions
- Put the cooked lobster meat through the finest blade of a food chopper.
- Mix the ground lobster with the minced water chestnuts and bamboo shoots, salt and pepper.
- In a heavy skillet, saute the crushed garlic clove in the hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Discard the gralic and add to the skillet the lobster mixture, the chicken stock and shrimps.
- Cover the skillet and cook the shrimps over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the egg with a little of the hot pan juice and stir the mixture over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the constarch water mix and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the finely chopped scallions and serve immediately with hot fluffy rice.